So I’m only on the first episode of Stranger Things Season 2 right now….
- Imagine a time when you could scrape together a few coins and buy something, or spend two hours in an arcade.
- The scene in the drug store has me questioning my own reality.
Bob walks in and asks if they have any trick-or-treat pumpkins in colors besides orange. This is a ruse to get Joyce in the back room so they can make out. It initially also struck me as funny because trick-or-treat pumpkins were all only orange until at least the late nineties/early 2000’s, judging by my own memory of being a kid in the nineties. But as Bob leaves the store room, he points at a green trick-or-treat pumpkin and says, “There’s a green one.” So, are they in some alternate universe 1984 where some trick-or-treat pumpkins are green? Or am I remembering a childhood in an alternate universe where trick-or-treat pumpkin design progressed more slowly (and possibly also coinciding with the Berenstain vs. Berenstein Bears alternate universe, or maybe it’s the other way around)?
- That drug store scene in Stranger Things season 2 also had me marveling that back in the eighties, a single person could apparently work one minimum wage cashier job, support two kids, have money for cigarettes and a VCR, and not have to get a second, third, or fourth job like many people only trying to support themselves do today.
- Mad Max is awesome.
- When is Nancy going to dump that douchebag Steve?
- Arcades! They were cool but so is a PS4 and not having to put on pants and leave your house to play video games.
- When is Stranger Things season 3 coming out?